Our procurement team provide advice and guidance on the procurement of all goods and services within the council in line with the Procurement Strategy, Contract Procedure Rules and all Procurement Regulations (National and EU). We ensure money and resources are used in an economic and efficient manner and that we achieve the most effective outcome.
If you are interested in receiving tender documents and bidding for procurement opportunities with Warwick District Council, register online.
Current Contracts Register: This contains all contracts currently used by the council, including values, start, end and review dates.
Current tender opportunities
Warwick District Council operates an e-tendering process for all procurement opportunities over the value of £5,000.
Our buyer profile site lists all current tender opportunities.
Suppliers need to register on the site before they can view and download tender documentation. In all cases the tender process is electronic and documents must be submitted via the portal.
Soft market test
Currently no opportunities available
Procurement support service to micro, small and medium size enterprises
In order to overcome barriers around having capacity and capability to bid for procurement opportunities, we are looking to provide free training and mentoring for local SMEs in coordination with other partners. This could include
- Advice on preparing a bid: such as evidencing the types of policies and procedures required by larger organisations regarding equal opportunities, health and safety and so on. Exemplars provided to demonstrate the structure and key points of successful bids.
- Tender workshops: such as Working with the Public Sector, Introduction to Tendering and Improving your Bid Score.
Procurement codes, policies and guide
Warwick District Council spends approximately £40 million each year with organisations of all sizes, with a wide range of commercial opportunities. Our Procurement Strategy ensures the best use of limited resources in support of the council’s objectives in delivering consistently high quality services that meet users’ needs with consideration to long-term sustainability.
- How to do business with Warwick District Council - guide for suppliers and service providers. See also our common tendering mistakes
- Code of Procurement Practice 2017
- Procurement Strategy
- Sustainable Procurement Policy
- Ethical Procurement Statement
- Social Value Policy Statement
Warwick District Council is considering implementing lists of approved suppliers for certain commodities. Warwick District Council also utilises a number of framework agreements available to the public sector via a number of buying consortiums including ESPO, GPS, YPO and Fusion.
We are constantly looks for ways in which to improve efficiency and drive down costs and are currently looking at increasing the use of electronic transactions to support procurement and purchase processes. If you would like any further information on this topic please contact the Procurement Manager.
Contact the Procurement team
Telephone: 01926 456218