Use this form to apply for a licence to put furniture on a public highway.

To complete the form you will need the following information or documents:

  • A plan or drawing of the proposed area covered by the licence, with measurements
  • Measurements of pavement outside the business with and without furniture
  • Photograph of furniture
  • Dimensions of tables and chairs
  • Public liability insurance certificate and related information
  • Evidence (photo) of giving required notice of the application

Please ensure you have this information before starting the form. 

Please note, our forms have a 20 minutes time out per page. Please make sure you complete each page within 20 minutes.


A link to make your payment will be provided on completion of the form. 

Privacy statement

Personal information collected within this form will only be used to process your licence application. The legal basis for doing this is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Council is subject. Your personal data will be kept for 6 years from the date any investigation is concluded.

Your personal data may be shared with other Local Government organisations (such as other local authorities), Central Government Agencies (including but not limited to DEFRA, Cabinet Office, Home Office and/or Department for Work and Pensions), other Law enforcement agencies including but not limited to the police and other Warwick District Council departments.

In the case of complaints about licensed individuals and businesses at Licensing hearings which are conducted in public and form part of a public process, in all but a few circumstances hearings follow a public consultation. Those making representations in respect of applications should expect their name and address to accompany their representation which will be available in the public domain. The Act requires such information to be disclosed to the applicant (and licence holder if different from the applicant) prior to a hearing.

The information you provide in connection with an application will be publicly available on a Statutory Public Register that we have to keep and make available for any member of the public to view. This may include, for example but not limited to, your name, your business’s details, food hygiene ratings, licence/permit/registration/consent number, expiry dates, contaminated land details, Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC) details

You have the right to access your personal data and to complain if you think your data is being used incorrectly. You may also have other rights, such as to have your data corrected or erased. For full details on your personal data rights including the Data Controller and Data Protection Officer’s contact details and further information please see the Council’s main privacy notice.