Friends of Leamington Art Gallery
The Friends of Leamington Spa Art Gallery & Museum was founded in 1967 at the instigation of Leamington Borough Council's Librarian and Curator with the aim of supporting the Art Gallery & Museum. It began with 40 members. Since then the membership has grown steadily and the society has helped the Art Gallery and Museum in many different ways:
- Funding towards the purchase of paintings, ceramics, and other works of art.
- Support for items of local interest such as the conservation of a C19 marble basin from the now demolished Aylesford Well House in Leamington Spa.
- Conservation and reframing of works within the Art Gallery and Museum collection.
- Funding of school visits to the gallery and an annual FLAG Schools Award.
- Funding of exhibition catalogues.
- Funding of a People's Award Prize at the Biennial Open Exhibition.
Watershed, 2010 © Edmund de Waal, photograph Michael Harvey, courtesy of artist and LSAG&M
The Annual Subscription for membership of FLAG is £12.00 per person.
Members benefit from a series of monthly talks between October and April, excursions to places of special interest over the summer, a 20% discount at the Royal Pump Rooms shop, twice yearly newsletters and a free exhibition catalogue when financed by FLAG.
To become a member of FLAG, please download a membership application form from the dedicated FLAG website. Membership forms are also available in the foyer of the Pump Rooms, or email us at: email@example.com.
Tell a friend: