Discretionary grant fund
A second phase has now launched – the closing date for new applications is midnight Friday 10 July 2020.
Warwick District Council has been allocated £1.7m by Government to support businesses across the district, that were ineligible for other Covid-19 Government grants including Small Business Grants Fund and the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grants fund. Discretionary grants scheme policy. Successful applicants will receive a grant ranging from £3,000 to £10,000.
It is advisable that eligible businesses make their applications immediately. Demand is expected to be high, and we have a limited and fixed sum of £1.7m for this scheme.
All small and micro businesses, with fixed property related costs are invited to apply. This includes sole traders or self-employed who operate from home. You must be able to demonstrate that income has been significantly impacted due to Covid-19.
Businesses that apply must not be in receipt of a grant, or eligible, for any of the below schemes:
- Small Business Grant Fund
- Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant
- The Fisheries Response Fund
- Domestic Seafood Supply Scheme (DSSS).
- The Zoos Support Fund
- The Dairy Hardship Fund
For a business to qualify, all of the below criteria must be met:
- Businesses with relatively high ongoing fixed property related costs which occupy property, or part of a property, with a rateable value or annual rent or annual mortgage payments below £51,000 (or below £65,000 for retailers and businesses that are within hospitality and leisure sectors)
- Businesses which can demonstrate that they have suffered a significant fall in income due to the Covid-19 crisis
- Businesses with fewer than 50 employees
- Businesses that were trading on or before 11 March 2020
Please complete the online application form:
Pease note: we are currently unable to receive calls in relation to this grant. Please submit your application and a member of the team will contact if you necessary. Use the comments section at the end form to provide us with any further information or queries about your application.