Apprentice Accounting Technician / Assistant Accountant (Fixed Term Contract for 30 months)
37 hours per week
£160.95 per week
The District of Warwick is looking for an Apprentice to join the Accountancy Team.
A fantastic opportunity to start a career in Accountancy and Local Government is currently available in Royal Leamington Spa with Warwick District Council. The Apprenticeship is designed to develop the necessary attitude and aptitude to progress into further employment and professional qualification opportunities.
Applicants should demonstrate a willingness to learn, be self-motivated and be adaptable. Strong numeracy, IT, and written and verbal communication skills are essential. The ability to work to deadlines and contribute to team working, alongside good organisational skills are desirable and will be required as part of successful development within the role and achievement of the AAT qualification.
Working alongside colleagues in the Accountancy section in Finance, the post holder would have the opportunity to work and gain experience in the following disciplines-
- Preparing revenue and capital budgets
- Producing budget monitoring reports on a regular basis for budget managers and the Senior Management Team
- Meeting with budget managers to report on expenditure forecasts and to provide financial advice
- Completing grant claims and other financial or statistical returns
- Supporting completion of final accounts
- Reconcile various suspense and control accounts and support in reconciling the Council’s bank accounts
- Supporting other Corporate finance and technical accounting areas
- Gain extensive experience of working with and creation spreadsheets, data modelling.
- Complete a level 2/3 AAT qualification funded by the Council. This will involve attendance at a college and/or completing tasks in the workplace (depending on specific course requirement) and will provide practical and theory-based qualifications.
It is anticipated that the interview / assessment day for this role will take place 16 July 2019 and further information will be given if you are shortlisted for the interview / assessment day. We would require the successful applicant to be able to commence employment at the start of September, in line with the commencement of the AAT qualification.
Closing date: 9:00 a.m. Monday 1 July 2019