Electoral Services Apprentice
Chief Executives Office
Electoral Services Apprenticeship (Fixed Term Contract for 18 months)
37 hours per week
£155.40 per week
The District of Warwick is looking for an Apprentice to join the Electoral Services Team.
Applicants should have experience of general office duties and providing administration and customer service support. Experience of working in Electoral Services would be advantageous but is not essential.
The ability to accurately input data and handle confidential information is key to this role. Ideally you will have excellent communication, administration, IT and organisational skills with the ability to manage a diverse task list to meet required deadlines.
The Electoral Services Team ensures that all residents in Warwick District are registered to vote and organise all elections and referendums within the District.
This is achieved through excellent customer service and your role within this friendly and well respected Team will be varied and rewarding.
Working as an Electoral Services Apprentice for the Council you will:
- Answer calls and emails from electors
- Assist with incoming post and categorisation of application forms
- Process voter registration forms in our software systems
- Work at the centre of the organisation for the running of elections, referendums and the annual electoral canvass,
- Develop strong professional relationships within the team and with others we work alongside,
- Complete a level 3 Business Administration qualification funded by the Council. This will involve attendance at a college and/or completing tasks in the workplace (depending on specific course requirement) and will provide practical and theory-based qualifications.
It is anticipated that the interview/assessment day for this role will take place on 18th April 2019 and further information will be given if you are shortlisted for the interview/assessment day.
For an informal chat about this vacancy please contact Gillian Friar, Electoral Services Manager, on 01926 456105 or email email@example.com.
Closing date: 27 March 2019