Newbold Comyn is a 300 acre (120ha) country park on the outskirts of Leamington Spa. The southern half is used for recreation, sport and wildlife conservation. Leam Valley Local Nature Reserve covers part of the country park.
- Opening hours: All day, every day
- Postcode: CV32 4EW - Location map
- Parking: Free parking. Main car parks at the end of Newbold Terrace East. Smaller car park off Radford Road.
The future of Newbold Comyn - survey
Following the closure of Newbold Comyn golf course in January 2018, Warwick District Council is now exploring the options available for the land. Before a formal consultation process begins, a fact finding exercise is taking place to help the council develop its understanding of the relationship between Newbold Comyn and local people.
A survey has been produced to gather views which will help shape the future of this area. You can read the supporting information and complete the survey on our website. Alternatively, copies of the survey will be available in the reception area of Riverside House, Milverton Hill, Leamington Spa, CV32 5HZ.
What to see and do
- Football – full changing facilities available
- Walks – lots of space for families and dogs. Public footpath links to Offchurch. Climb Observation Hill for good views. Geocaches nearby
- Watch wildlife - Leam Valley Local Nature Reserve has a wetland area with a bird hide. Woodland, meadow and riverbank habitats
- Horse riding route and field
- Model aircraft flying in the designated area
- Play areas – toddlers next to Newbold Comyn Arms pub. All ages near Observation Hill car park
- Skate park – near Observation Hill car park
- Newbold Comyn Arms pub
- Newbold Comyn Leisure Centre
- The golf course is currently closed - read more about the golf course closure
- Volunteer with Warwickshire Wildlife Trust and help maintain Leam Valley Nature Reserve
Volunteers from The Phoenix Group spent a day at Newbold Comyn painting play equipment and improving the area for the local community.
How to get there
- Bike – cycle path runs from the centre of Leamington Spa, along Newbold Terrace East, and through Newbold Comyn to Radford Road
- Bus routes
- Rail – nearest railway station is Leamington Spa
- Walk – pedestrian entrances at Newbold Terrace East, Campion Hills, and Radford Road
- Campion Hills - fine views across Leamington and Warwick
- Welches Meadow Local Nature Reserve, off Willes Road
- Radford Road Meadows – recent extension to Newbold Comyn next to Radford Road car park
- Riverside Walk – starts from Newbold Comyn Leisure Centre