This extensive park, over 120 hectares (300 acres), was laid out in the 1970s. Formerly Newbold Comyn Farm, it was acquired by Leamington Corporation in 1943. The northern half is an 18-hole pay-and-play golf course; the southern half provides for recreation, sport and wildlife. The old farmhouse is now a pub, the Newbold Comyn Arms. Newbold Comyn Leisure Centre has a 25 metre swimming pool, children’s fun pool, Pyramids fitness suite and other facilities. The postcode is CV32 4EW.
Map of the area.
Things to enjoy
Walks and rides
- Paths, tracks and woodland rides.
- Ideal for dogs, but please clear up after your dog.
- Public footpath links to Offchurch.
- Riverside walk to Leamington and Warwick
- Shared foot and cycle paths link to Radford Road, Campion Hills and town centre.
- Horse-riding route and field.
- Leam Valley local nature reserve – leaflet available
- Wetland area with hide; woodland, meadow and riverbank habitats
- Volunteer work parties help manage the reserve
- Find out more about nature reserves
Food and drink
- Picnic area.
- Café in Leisure Centre for drinks and hot and cold snacks.
- Newbold Comyn Arms pub.
- Functions, discos etc, catered for
- All-ages play areas near Observation Hill car park.
- Toddlers’ area at Newbold Comyn Arms
- Kite-flying from Observation Hill
- Model aircraft flying from designated area
- Sledging from Observation Hill
Biking, boarding and blading
- New purpose-built area near Observation Hill car park
- Find out more about bikes, blades and boards in Warwick District
- 18-hole pay-and-play course.
- Varied terrain. Fine views. Car park.
- Improve your game – professional instruction available
- Men’s and women’s changing facilities
- Find out more about the golf course
Pitch and Putt
- Full changing facilities
- Climb Observation Hill. Again! And again!
- Jog all over the park
- Join a work party and help wildlife
- Swimming and keep-fit in the Leisure Centre
- Sports fixtures
- Occasional community events
How to get there
Walk or cycle
- From Willes Road / Newbold Terrace East junction
- From Campion Hills
- Service 75 (Pete's Travel), Mon - Fri
- More on buses to parks
Nearest rail station is Leamington Spa
Cars and motorcycles
Main entrance off Newbold Terrace East.
Please show consideration to residents.
Car parks (free) at Newbold Comyn Leisure Centre, Newbold Comyn Arms (for pub and golf), and Observation Hill.
Small car park off Radford Road. Footbridge link to park.
- Campion Hills. Fine views across Leamington to Warwick.
- Welches Meadow local nature reserve, off Willes Road or Leam Terrace East.
- Newbold Terrace East. Meadow and riverside woodland.