The Ranger Service helps to provide a safe, friendly and welcoming experience for people visiting our parks and open spaces. They also help to manage the Council’s car parks.
Their work includes:
- A high profile uniformed presence
- Tackling anti-social behaviour and working in partnership with the Police and CCTV operators
- Providing high quality customer service – help, support, information and directions to visitors
- Being a trusted face – providing basic first aid where needed and helping vulnerable persons or lost children
- Reporting defects and maintenance issues to the relevant authority
- Managing informal groups and rough sleepers professionally and sensitively
- Supporting events in parks and open spaces
- Patrolling parks, cemeteries and car parks and securing them out of hours
- Enforcement activity
The Ranger Service is available 7 days a week from 6am to midnight.
Phone: 01926 314009