The project is to build a new Community Stadium for a range of community sports and leisure activities including football on land to the north of Gallows Hill to the south of Royal Leamington Spa (map).
Along with its community role, the stadium will also be the home ground for Leamington Football Club and include a full size 3G artificial grass pitch.
What we are trying to do
We aim to create a community hub for sport, leisure and other health related provision. There will also be a range of commercial development on adjacent land to enhance the local area and also to contribute to the cost of building the stadium.
The following is planned:
- A new 5,000 capacity community sports stadium
- Relocation of the athletics track to the site
- A range of commercial activities to provide services to local people and contribute to the cost of building the community stadium
- A master plan has been developed for the whole site showing how all the different uses can be accommodated
- We are working closely with Leamington FC to ensure the new facility meets the needs of the club and the local community
- A new community hub and focal point for sport
- An exciting range of commercial uses
- New neighbourhood services
Tim Wall. Community Stadium Project Manager.