England has now moved to Step 4 in lifting the coronavirus restrictions from 19th July 2021.
This includes all the following facilities within our district:
- Football pitches managed by the Council
- Tennis courts managed by the Council – Abbey Fields, St Nicholas Park, Victoria Park and Christchurch Gardens
- Edmondscote Athletics Track
- Outdoor group exercise sessions within Warwick District Council Parks or Open Spaces
All the sport pavilions that are managed by the council will open for changing and social use. However, please read the advice below in relation to their use:
Rules and Recommendations from the 19th July:
- No one should enter the venue or participate in any sport if they feel unwell or have Covid-19 symptoms.
- An official NHS QR code will be displayed on arrival for check in with the NHS COVID-19 App. This is optional, however we strongly recommend that you continue to use this to keep yourself and others safe.
- Hand sanitiser stations are still placed around the facilities.
- Regular cleaning of the pavilions will continue.
- We strongly encourage you to wear a face covering when inside a pavilion, especially when moving around.
- Doors of the pavilions will be kept open as much as possible to increase fresh air flow throughout the facilities.
- Changing rooms and showers will be available for use, however participants should use their own judgement and minimise use where possible to avoid close contact in a crowded area for a prolonged time.
- The definition of close contact remains the same, however the rules on self-isolation will be changing from 16 August.
- You will be notified if there is any change in restrictions.
- Although there is no limit on how many people can meet, indoor mixing should be kept to a minimum and should be avoided if possible.
- No limits on how many spectators or participants attend games/events but good practise is encouraged.
For information on Everyone Active and its leisure centres, visit www.everyoneactive.com.
This will include:
- Abbey Fields Swimming Pool
- Castle Farm Recreation Centre
- John Atkinson Sports Centre
- Newbold Comyn Leisure Centre
- St. Nicholas Park Leisure Centre
- Meadows Community Sports Centre
Visit the coronavirus pages for further information and support.