We know that many of you may have been affected financially by some of the measures that have been put in place since the beginning of the pandemic.

We’ve put together some FAQs about paying your rent, but if you need further advice and support, including helping you make claims for the benefits you’d be entitled to, you may want to speak to our Income Management Team.

Please contact us about your council house rent payments or phone us on 01926 456456.

Q. I can’t pay my rent, what do I need to do?

It’s important that you let us know and we will support you through it.

Tell us if you are having difficulty with rent payments during COVID-19.

You can also contact the office on 01926 456 239 / 456 438 / 456 435 / 456 456.

Q. I’m not sure what financial support I am entitled to. Can you help me?

If your household income has been reduced, there is support available.

You may be entitled to Universal Credit and be able to request an advance

The Income Management Team can advise you on making a claim for benefits. You can contact us about your council house rent payments or call on 01926 456 456 / 456 239 / 456 435 / 456 438.

Q. I’ve heard that mortgage lenders are offering 3-month mortgage payment holidays. Can I have 3 months off from paying my rent?

Although we don’t offer a ‘rent holiday’, there are other ways we can help. We understand this is a financially worrying time for a lot of people, and many have been affected by loss of work and income.

Please contact us if you need help or advice through this difficult period. Please contact us about your council house rent payments or call the Income Management Team 01926 456 456 / 456 239 / 456 438 / 456 435.

Q. I’m already under a payment agreement or court order for my rent. What do I do?

If your income has not been affected by the measures put in place, you will need to carry on paying as you normally do.

If your income is affected, and you are now unable to meet these payments, please contact us about your council house rent payments or call 01926 456 438 / 456 435 / 456 239 to discuss your account. We will assess your current agreement or court order to make sure this is still affordable for you.

Q. How can I pay my rent?

Paying by Direct Debit

Please complete the sign up to pay by direct debit online form

If you need to change the amount you’re paying on a Direct Debit you’ve already set up, please contact us about your council house rent payments or call us on 01926 456032 and provide us with your bank account details or request a Direct Debit mandate form.

Paying by Standing Order

You’ll need to set up your Standing Order, or changes to one you’ve already set up, directly with your bank. You can do this by calling your bank, using online banking or on your bank’s mobile app.

Standing Order form (37kb, PDF) - you will need to know your rent account number and  the amount you need to pay. Please contact us about your council house rent payments or call the rents team on 01926 456 239 / 456 438 / 456 435 if you would like a standing order form to be posted to you. Due to the current coronavirus situation, it may take us a little longer than normal to answer your call. Thank you for your patience.

Online payment

Make an online payment using our 24-hour secure internet payment service. Please have you rent account reference number ready.

Telephone payment

Call 0800 028 3377 option 3. The number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is an automated system requiring you to key in your details over the phone. Calls are FREE from BT landlines. Charges for mobile phones may vary. Have you rent account reference number ready.

Payment in Person

You can pay your rent at Paypoint outlets and Post Offices using the barcode printed on all letters sent to you about your rent. To pay by cheque visit the Post Office. Payment can be anywhere in the UK. You should allow at least three working days for your payment to reach your rent account. 

You can find a payment barcode on the following documents:

  • Any rent statement that you may receive 
  • Reminder or arrears letters 
  • Your tenancy sign up letter

You can also log on to your rent account and print a copy yourself

Allpay cards will still work and you can continue to use one but please be aware that a replacement card will not be issued should you lose your present one.

To remain available and effective, CAB have increased their capacity in four areas to support our community in the safest way possible:

  • Instant Self Help: As always many issues can be solved through their comprehensive and informative online resource - Citizens Advice website
  • Phone: You can reach the CAB by phone between 10:00 – 15:00. Monday to Friday on 0300 330 1183 

If your query is about the Help to Claim service for claiming Universal Credit:

You can contact the CAB Help to Claim phone line: 09:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday on 0800 144 8 444