Tell us what you think about our site... Tenancy FAQs during Coronavirus - Warwick District Council
Coronavirus alert

National lockdown rules apply in England. Stay at home.

Coronavirus information

Q. Will you be carrying out any essential and non-essential visits?

We’ve temporarily stopped all non-essential face-to face contact between colleagues and customers. This includes home visits, non-emergency repairs, community centre drop-ins and visiting our offices. If you need to visit our offices, please contact us for an appointment.

Q. Can I still end my tenancy?

Yes, you’ll need to give us the notice period stated in your Tenancy Agreement.

Before you do this, please make sure that you’ll be able to move into your next home. Many landlords have put a hold on people signing up to a new property for safety reasons.

Please call 01926 456129 or email

Q. Can I still progress with my mutual exchange

No, not at the moment.

To keep everyone safe, we’ve put all mutual exchange requests on hold.

Please check the website regularly for updates on this.

Q. I am struggling with a noisy neighbour what can I do?

We work in partnership with all our partners to change the behaviour of those people who repeatedly make unreasonable noise that impacts on their neighbour’s enjoyment of their homes. There are of course some acceptable day to day noises due to people living in close proximity which the local authority won’t investigate. In these instances, it may require more understanding and patience rather than formal action. If possible and where you’re able to maintain social distancing, speak with your neighbour to discuss any noise issues

Make an anti-social behaviour enquiry on line or phone 01926 456010.

Q. I am seeing groups of people gathered in my neighbourhood and breaking the social distancing rule what shall I do?

In order to stop the spread of the virus and to keep everyone safe, the government has enforced a two metre distance between people. If you see somebody in your neighbourhood breaking this rule, you can call the police on the non-urgent number of 101.

Q. I am worried about my children making noise and disrupting my neighbours. What shall I do?

We’re aware of the challenges parents and guardians have with children at home. Where possible, use outdoor spaces for rest and play and be mindful of your neighbours and noise.

If you’re a neighbour experiencing more noise due to children at home or outside, please understand that this is a difficult time for everyone, and children may become restless when forced to stay indoors. We encourage neighbours to speak to one another whilst respecting social distancing before noise becomes an issue.

If you are experiencing domestic abuse, we want to let you know that we’re here to support you.

At a time when we’re required to stay indoors and self-isolate, we understand that for some of our customers this is the last place that they feel safe. If you do find yourself in an urgent or emergency situation where violence is being used or threatened, first get yourself to a safe location and, when safe to do so, call the police on 999.

Once you’ve reported to the police, you can contact us on 01926 456129  or see Housing Options Services  You can also contact National Domestic Abuse Helpline on Freephone 0808 2000 247.

Local support services

For further support and information on all aspects of domestic violence, contact the Warwickshire Domestic Violence Support Centre on 0800 408 1552 (8.30am to 8.30pm Monday to Friday; 10am to 4pm on Saturday).

There are a range of services in Warwickshire that provide advice and support to victims of domestic abuse and violence. The following websites provide comprehensive information about domestic abuse and local support services including counselling: