Fire safety measure improvements
Bin chute hoppers
The new hoppers are fire rated and smoke sealed. To ensure your safety, care must be taken to use them correctly;
- Never overfill or block the hopper.
- Do not use for black sacks or large packaging.
If you see a blocked bin chute or have any concerns please contact Repairs, Tel: 01926 456129
- New doors on the bin chute lobbies and dry-riser cabinets. The new doors will provide better protection from the spread of smoke and fire.
- New doors to all communal areas including doors to stairwells, lift lobbies and corridors. These new certified doors will be 60 minute fire resistant, providing you with added protection from the spread of smoke or fire.
- Every tenant has signed a fire entrance door agreement
Upgrading the electrical installations within the communal areas and to your flats.
This will include providing every flat with a new mains connection, fuse board, door entry system and TV cabling as well as new emergency lighting for the communal areas. Our contractor CLC will be in touch with you to arrange an appointment for access to your flat to undertake the work.
Electrical cupboard doors
We have installed new doors to the communal area electrical cupboards. These new doors will provide better protection from the spread of smoke and fire.
To maintain fire safety the new fire rated doors will be kept locked. If your pre-paid or standard electricity meter is located in the electrical cupboard, please contact us to discuss access on 01926 456129.