Housing Support & Lifeline Officer (Days)
Housing Support and Lifeline Officer (Days)
£18,672 to £19,819 per annum plus 2% salary enhancement
37 hours per week
8 hour shifts across 7 day rota working between hours of 06:00 to 22:00
If you are looking for an interesting job where every day is different and are happy working a variety of shifts to support vulnerable people, this may be the opportunity for you!
We have a vacancy to join our newly formed team working across our 5 sheltered schemes and at our Control Centre in Lillington, Leamington Spa.
The main purpose of the job is to provide:
- 24/7 monitoring and response services 365 days of the year to customers in their own homes with a Warwick District Council Lifeline.
- Housing support to Council tenants living within the sheltered schemes designated properties, temporary accommodation and general needs properties where a specific need has been identified.
These services help ensure that our customers can sustain their tenancies and remain independent, living in their own homes.
Applicants must be available to work shifts between the hours of 06:00 – 22:00 (shifts are currently 06:00-14:00, 09:00-17:00, 14:00-22:00) across a 4 week rolling rota on a flexible basis to fit around changing business needs. The rota is generally confirmed 3-4 weeks in advance.
This will vary depending on service requirements i.e. the two shifts per week will not always be worked consecutively.
You will work at various locations including our control centre, our sheltered schemes and will be expected to visit tenants in their homes across the district; therefore a full driving license is essential.
The post holder needs to be able to carry out the full range of duties which includes the ability to climb stairs (particularly important at the schemes).
Please note that this post is subject an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check and the successful applicant must be able to attend some daytime and first aid training.
For an informal chat about these roles please contact Zoe Huckvale or Caroline Thompson- Green, Housing Support & Lifeline Team Leaders on 01926 339577.
Closing date: Friday 29th March 2019
Job application form and guidance notes
- Application form (Word doc) - email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application form - postal applications (PDF)
- Guidance notes for applicants (PDF)
- Equality - what we aim to do (PDF)
- Recruitment guidance for people with a disability (PDF)
- Recruitment guidance for ex-offenders (PDF)