This form has 4 pages
This form is to assist you to make a request for information to Warwick District Council and exercise your rights under the following legislation:
- Freedom of Information Act 2000
- Environmental Information Regulations 2004
- Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA)
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- The Freedom of Information Act gives you a general right to information we hold. The Environment Information Regulations give you a right to information held by the council about the environment. Further information on the Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations.
- You may make a request for information by filling in this form or by writing to Corporate Support at our Riverside House address, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Whilst this form is designed to assist you and the Council, you do not have to use it to make a request for information. However requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 must be in writing. Requests for Environmental Information can be made verbally but it would help the Council to deal accurately with the request if they were made or confirmed in writing. Requests under the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018 may also be made using this form. This includes exercising your right to access your personal information, right to erasure, right to rectification, right to restrict processing, right to object, right to data portability and rights in relation to decision making.
- You should state clearly on the form what information you require. You do not have to state under what legislation you are making your request and why you require the information. The council has a legal duty to give you advice and assistance in making your request if you need it.
- Unless the information you request is already published elsewhere, or exempt from disclosure for other reasons, the council is obliged to provide you with it under FOI and EIR within 20 working days of receiving your request. For requests under GDPR and DPA, your request will be answered within one month.
The personal data that you provide will be used to process and deal with your request for information. Our lawful basis for processing is to meet our legal obligation, for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us.
Your personal data will be shared with Warwick District Council officers only. Any request for information which requires information from our contractors will be anonymised before it is passed to them.
Your personal data will be kept for five years after the calendar year the request was responded to.
You have the right to access your personal data and to complain if you think your data is being used incorrectly. You may also have other rights, such as to have your data corrected or erased. For full details on your personal data rights please see the Council’s main Privacy Notice on www.warwickdc.gov.uk/privacy.
For the Data Controller and Data Protection Officer’s contact details and further information please see the Council’s main Privacy Notice on www.warwickdc.gov.uk/privacy.