25th Nov 2021
Warwick's popular Victorian Evening is back! Join us for a Victorian market from 12pm in the Market Square followed by the themed rides and fun starting at 5pm.
The lights will be switched on at 7pm.
Visitors can browse the Victorian Christmas Market with crafts, gift ideas and community stalls with some traders in traditional costume.
The whole family will be entertained with various fairground rides, amusements and street entertainers whilst enjoying the festive food and drink, and there’s an opportunity to meet real life reindeer at the Lord Leycester Hospital. And, in keeping with tradition, the Christmas Tree Festival will be taking place in St Mary’s Church.
A reception will be held at the historic Lord Leycester Hospital before a procession makes its way to Market Square where the Mayor of Warwick, Councillor Richard Edgington, will turn on the lights.
Best dressed competition
Visitors are also encouraged to get into the nineteenth century spirit with the annual competition for the best dressed Victorian, with the winners in both the adult and child categories being announced on stage at 7.30pm.
Prizes include a one-night stay for a family of four at Warwick Castle, tickets for Warwick Racecourse, a free football-themed birthday party at St Nicholas Park Leisure Centre, courtesy of Everyone Active and Enchanted Tearooms have kindly offered Afternoon Tea for two with a Mary Poppins theme.
Earn rewards for travelling sustainably
As part of the Choose How You Move in Warwick District challenge, you can earn an extra 1,000 BetterPoints if you choose to travel sustainably.
If you need to use the car, why not Park & Stride and earn 250 BetterPoints for doing so? Park at the Racecourse or Vittle Drive and walk in - it's that simple!
Not signed up yet? It's easy to do so - just visit the challenge website.
What's on and where
- Market Place – main event area with stage (see timings below), main galloper ride and entertainers
- Surrounding streets – stalls, rides and entertainers
- St Mary’s Church – Christmas Tree Display and short Carol Service
- Lord Leycester Hospital – Reindeers in the Courtyard, Great Hall café open and large Christmas tree display
- Market Hall Museum – Craft market, kids craft activities, outdoor café selling mince pies and mulled wine
- Warwick Visitor Centre, Jury Street – Pop-up shop selling Charity Christmas cards. Children's Christmas Crafts session, pop in between 4pm - 7pm and join Chase Meadow Crafts to decorate a traditional wooden craft kit, suitable for ages 3-12 years, £3.50 per kit, no need to book.
- Warwick Library Victorian Week – 22nd to 27th November, featuring a display of pictures of Victorian Warwick from the Warwickshire Local Studies Collection, drop-in family Victorian crafts as well as local history and Victorian themed books. All free - just drop in. (Open until 5:30pm on 25th November)
- Reindeer Trail – Activity trail for kids, download an entry form then find the 15 wooden reindeers hidden in Warwick. Hand your completed form in to the Lord Leycester on Victorian Evening, for a chance to win 4 day tickets to Warwick Castle!
Acts and Rides
- Fire Spinners
- Victorian gentleman on a Penny Farthing
- Punch and Judy
- Mini Steam Train
- Penny Arcade
- Fairground Organ
- Ferris Wheel
- Chair O’Planes
- Striker Game
- Warwick School of Dance (5.05pm - 5.15pm)
- Enchanted Tearooms (5.20pm - 5.40pm)
- Aylesford School Choir (5.50pm - 6.10pm)
- Chris Jenner Jones (6.15pm - 6.35pm)
- Playbox Theatre (6.40pm - 6.50pm)
- Countdown Bagpipers to Lights with Father Christmas & Mayor (6.50-7.00pm)
- St Mary’s Church Choir (7.10pm - 7.30pm)
- Mayor to judge Fancy Dress Competition (7.40pm)
- Jones Jazz Orchestra (7.50pm - 8.10pm)
- Royal Spa Brass Band (8.25pm - 8.45pm)
- Titine LaVoix (8.45pm - 9pm)