5th Sep 2018
Stage 4 of the OVO Energy Tour of Britain is taking place in Warwickshire.
This stage will cover over 183 kilometres making it the second longest stage of this year’s Tour. Starting in Nuneaton and using the same roads as the women's tour on the 15 June to finish in Royal Leamington Spa.
Car Park Operating times on Wednesday 5 September:
- Rosefield Street: Closed between 4.45am and 8.00pm. Season ticket holders will not be affected, but pay and display is unavailable.
- Royal Priors: 7.00am – 7.00pm
- Covent Garden Multi storey: 7.00am – 8.00pm
- St. Peters Multi storey: 7.00am – Midnight
- Covent Garden Surface car park: 24hrs
- Chandos Street: 24hrs
- Bedford Street: 24hrs
- Adelaide Bridge: 24hrs
- Court Street: 24hrs
- Bath Place: 24hrs
- Packington Place: 24hrs
Bicycle Parking – all 24hrs
- Chandos Street Car Park
- Covent Garden Car Park
- Regent Court Shopping
- Leamington Spa Train Station
- Leamington Spa Train Station is just a 15minute walk away from the finish line.
- Local bus providers have stops on the Parade for public use.
The disruption of the town centre has been kept to a minimum, however the following roads will be closed for the event:
Tuesday 4 September
- Euston Place: 6.00pm onwards
Wednesday 5 September
- Newbold Terrace: 4:45am – 8.00pm
- Newbold Street: 4:45am – 8.00pm
- Hamilton Terrace: 10.00am – 5.00pm
- Regent Grove: 10.00am – 5.00pm
Willes Road: 11.00am – 6.00pm (this is only between Newbold Terrace and Radford Rd; with Leam Terrace and St. Mary’s Road crossing still operating until the cyclists come into town. Access will be maintained down Newbold Terrace East and for Newbold Comyn Leisure Centre.
Activities on the day
- 12:30 – 1:30pm British Cycling at the finish line
- 1:30 – 2:30pm Strider Bikes will be racing over the finishing line. Strider Bikes produce Balance Bikes for young children, but also organise several events throughout the year for them to take part in.
The Pump Room Gardens will feature a live stream of the race in addition to some local cycle shop stands, food providers and children's activities. This will open at 11.00am when the cyclists set off from Nuneaton.
The official Promo Zone will be in Jephson Gardens and will feature all of the sponsors for Tour of Britain 2018.