Parent and toddler swimming
Our swimming pools offer a number of special sessions for parents to bring young children to introduce them to the water, build their confidence and have fun.
Parent and toddler fun sessions
Whilst there is no teacher available for this session, it is a great opportunity to build confidence in young swimmers. Toys are provided in the water. There is no need to book for these sessions - just turn up and enjoy.
- Abbey Fields Swimming Pool - Saturday 3pm - 4pm (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 11am - 12pm school holidays only)
- Newbold Comyn Leisure Centre - Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 3.30pm - 5.30pm; Tuesday and Thursday 10am - 11am, (Term Time) 9am - 11am (School Holiday Time)
For details of ratios of adults to children look at our Junior Admissions Policy.
Tots swimming lessons
These sessions are organised by a qualified swimming teacher who leads the class and introduces parents and children to activities that will build water confidence in young children. The emphasis on fun in the classes remains, but the sessions are slightly more structured than the Parent and Toddler sessions. Parents accompany the children in the water during these sessions.
Abbey Fields Swimming Pool Tel: 01926 855478
- Aqua Babes Friday 10.30am - 11.00am
- 3yrs + lesson Tuesday 4.30pm - 5.00pm, Wednesday 1.30pm - 2.00pm, Fridays 5.00pm - 5.30pm & Saturday 10 - 10.30am (3 years +) - book in advance at the centre
Newbold Comyn Leisure Centre (01926) 882083
- Aqua Babes - Mondays 10:30am - 11:00am & Fridays 10 - 10.30am (4 months +) -. Turn up - no need to book
- 3 years + lesson - Mondays 3:00pm - 3:30pm and 3:30pm - 4:00pm - book in advance at the centre
St Nicholas Park Leisure Centre (01926) 495353
- Aquababes - Wednesday 11.30 - 12 noon (4 months - 2 years) - just turn up and enjoy
- Aquababes - Wednesday 12 - 12.30pm ( 2 - 4 years) - just turn up and enjoy