"We will build on Warwick District’s culture of creativity by stimulating accessible, diverse and innovative arts provision to enrich the quality of life.”
What are the services?
Advise and support artists, creative businesses, amateur and professional arts groups and organisations on the development of their work.
- Provide support (including grants) for the development of arts activity in the community, and to facilitate opportunities for participation in the arts.
- Advocate for and raise the profile of the District’s arts activity.
- Work in partnership at a strategic level to identify gaps in provision and develop arts initiatives that will help to meet local priorities.
- Support the development of the local creative economy.
If you would like to join our mailing list to receive information about Warwick District Council’s Arts Development Service and newsletters about arts events and opportunities across the county please contact the Arts Development Officer.
Contact: Arts Development Officer Mair Evans on 01926 456231 or email email@example.com
Funding is available for a wide range of artforms including visual arts and photography, crafts, 3D arts and sculpture, film and digital arts, dance, theatre, music and opera, street arts, and creative writing. The District Council offers two types of funding:
- Key Arts Client Awards
- Arts Development Grants
Arts Development Grants
2013 - 2014 Criteria
If you’re thinking about submitting an application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information & an application form.
Grants are available to Arts and Heritage Organisations within Warwick District for any amount up to £2,500. Funding will be considered for:
- Original, high quality imaginative projects which take place within Warwick District.
- Projects that clearly demonstrate development and increased access to arts/heritage.
Priority will be given to projects which:
- Increase participation / attendance in the arts in Warwick District.
- Contribute towards / celebrate the Warwick 1100th anniversary (2014).
- Help creative businesses contribute to the local economy.
- Help create stronger, safer, healthier communities.
- Help revitalise and enhance public spaces.
- Increase / enhance cultural tourism.
- Raise the profile of arts activity in the district.
- Facilitate / develop networking or partnership working.
- Help develop a thriving cultural quarter in south Leamington.
- Help develop international links.
Funding will not be available for:
- School based activities which take place during normal school hours.
- Projects which only benefit an individual.
When can I apply?
The deadlines for 2013-14 are:
- Monday 20th May 2013
- Monday 2nd September 2013
- Monday 9th December 2013
Please note that late applications will not be considered.
Please allow three weeks for a decision on the application and enough time to prepare and plan for the activity. We recommend that the activity is planned to start no earlier than seven days after the date you can expect the Council to make a decision.
To apply for an Arts Development Grant you will need to complete a Warwick District Council Grant Application Form. Contact Mair Evans (WDC Arts Development Officer) on email@example.com for more information.
An Arts Strategy for Warwick District Council, 2009-13
The Arts Strategy for Warwick District was published in Spring 2009.
The Arts Strategy presents an overview of current arts provision within the District and includes an Action Plan based on public consultations carried out over summer 2008. The Action Plan is intended to provide a framework for the delivery of the Council’s Arts Development Service until 2013. A full version of Warwick District Council’s Arts Strategy is available for download in 2 parts: Part 1 (PDF, 481kb) and Part 2 (PDF, 479kb).
Warwick District Council wants to work with a wide range of partners at local, regional and national level to achieve the objectives set out in the Arts Strategy. We hope that it will be useful to our partners and potential partners, and to local residents and artists, in understanding our priorities and how we might work together.
Our Key Clients
Warwick District Council acknowledges that arts organisations are vitally important in promoting access to high quality arts in Warwick District. The Arts Development Service offers financial support to a small number of professional arts organisations, or Key Arts Clients, which contribute to the sustainability of the district's arts infrastructure. The Arts Development Service works with this portfolio of arts organisations to develop their practice and deliver a range of excellent artistic experiences, performances, workshops & activities in the District. An open, equitable and accountable process is run every three years in order to identify the arts organisations which will receive Key Arts Client funding. Warwick District Council’s Key Arts Clients for 2012-15 are Motionhouse, Live & Local, Playbox, Armonico Consort, Heartbreak Productions, Leamington Music, Warwickshire Open Studios and Warwick Folk Festival.
LEADER Project – Get funding to support your rural community!
Arts on our Doorstep is a grant scheme enabling local people to bring arts to the heart of communities across rural Warwick District and Rugby Borough. Practical advice and support alongside resources
up to the value of £5,000 will be provided to help local groups and individuals to organise exciting and innovative small arts projects within their community.
Visit www.warwickshireleader.net for more information.
Arts Development Research
To find out more visit Policies & Strategies.