Paying your rent
Rent is due each Monday. It is important that you pay regularly and do not fall into arrears. If you pay monthly or fortnightly, you must do so in advance to avoid arrears. To make payment as easy as possible we offer a range of methods. You will need to quote your account reference number when making payment. You can find your account reference number on your rent statement.
Direct Debit is a convenient, simple and secure way of paying rent.
- Payments are a regular set amount each month and are made automatically from your bank/building society account, so you don’t need to remember to pay each month
- There is currently a choice of payment dates on either 2nd or 14th of the month
- You get 7 working days notice of amounts to be debited from your account if the amount you need to pay changes due to a rent increase or a change in your circumstances, so you can ensure the funds are there
- Payment by direct debit is secure
- The council will update your direct debit every year and inform you of any changes
- You won’t fall behind with the rent payments
- You will no longer receive reminders to pay
We have a 24 hour secure internet payment service. Make a payment online
You can make payment by ringing 0800 028 3377. The number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is an automated system requiring you to key in your details over the phone. Calls are FREE from BT landlines. Charges for mobile phones may vary.
Please note that payments made by Credit Card will incur a 2% charge. There is no charge for payments made by Debit Card
Payment in person
You can pay your rent at Paypoint outlets and Post Offices using the barcode printed on all letters sent to you about your rent. Payment can be anywhere in the UK. You should allow at least three working days for your payment to reach your rent account.
You can find a payment barcode on the following documents
- Any rent statement that you may receive
- Reminder or arrears letters
- Your tenancy sign up letter
You can also log on to your rent account and print a copy yourself.
Allpay cards will still work and you can continue to use one but please be aware that a replacement card will not be issued should you lose your present one.
You can pay by standing order which means you pay a set amount every week or month. Once you have filled in a Standing Order form and sent it to your bank or building society they will make your payments automatically. Remember though if your rent changes you have to tell your bank to amend the payment. If you don't amend these details you will find yourself getting behind with your rent.
With a direct debit we notify you of any changes to your rent and then arrange to take the new payment directly with your bank, leaving you with one less thing to worry about.
To complete the Standing Order form (37kb, PDF) you will need to know your rent account number and the amount you need to pay. Please ring us on 01926 456239 or email email@example.com if you would like a Standing Order form to be posted to you.
Payment by cheque
Cheques should be made payable to Warwick District Council and sent to
Warwick District Council
Housing & Property Services
Po Box 2175
Please write your rent account reference number, name and address on the back of the cheque.
Please note that none of the council offices have facilities for taking payments.
Rent difficulties and late payments
When you pay your rent on time you contribute to the service Warwick District Council provides for you and your neighbours. Late rent payments mean the Council has less to spend on repairing and improving your home and the area you live in.
If you are struggling to pay your rent please get in touch with us staright away. We can give you advice on whether you may be entitled to Housing Benefit. We can make agreement with you to pay your debt in instalments that you can afford and we can put you in touch with agencies that provide free money management advice.
- Difficulties paying your rent - contact information and advice
- Managing your finances - advice on household budgeting
If you have any further queries, or if you need to be informed of your account reference number, please telephone us on 01926 456408 or 01926 456409 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember: Your home is at risk if you do not pay rent.