Warwick District Council understands that there are many reasons why some council tenants have rent arrears. We will deal with your problems in an understanding, sympathetic and fair manner.
Rent arrears are a serious problem and may lead you to losing your home if you do nothing about it.
If you do have problems paying your rent you can get confidential advice from one of the Income Recovery Officers based within Housing Rents, or we have a Financial Inclusion Officer who can also offer support. They can help you to:
- Reach an affordable arrangement to pay your arrears
- Conduct private interviews
- Assist you in maximising your income including helping you with your housing benefit claim
- Offer basic debt advice and help you with contacting other agencies that can assist if you have multiple debts
If you are experiencing difficulties paying all your bills, your Income Recovery Officer may be able to refer you to a Money Advisor at the Citizen's Advice Bureau. This service is free of charge. The Advisor will be able to look at your income and see if you are entitled to any benefits such as Working Tax Credit. They will also be able to assist you in prioritising your debts and to make arrangements with your creditors. For details of your Income Recovery Officer, see contact information below.
If your income has reduced, you might be entitled to housing benefit.
Gov.uk provide information and advice about rent arrears.
Income Recovery Officers who monitor rent accounts.
- Kerry Stones - (01926) 456438
- Yusaf Ramzan - (01926) 456457
- Mark Herbert - (01926) 456435
- Pritesh Mistry - (01926) 456456
- David South - Senior Income Recovery Officer, (01926) 456411 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tracy Morris - Garage Accounts (01926) 456239
Failure to make rent payments will result in you losing your home.
Download Adobe Reader
The viewer that is needed to display the pdf document(s) is free and may be downloaded from the Adobe Website.