Repairs satisfaction survey
When a repair is carried out in your home, we want to know what you thought of it. Let us know by completing the Repairs Satisfaction Survey and you could win £100. Terms and conditions apply (PDF).
How to report a repair
Our staff are available to deal with your repairs calls from 8.45 am to 5.15 pm Monday to Thursday and 8.45 am to 4.45 pm on Friday. The number to call is (01926) 412828
You can email Housing Repairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not email an emergency repair. Any emergency repairs should be reported to us by telephone on (01926) 412828.
You can write in to Housing Repairs at the following address:
Housing & Property Services Department
Warwick District Council
PO Box 2175
Leamington Spa CV32 5QE
Alternatively you can complete one of these forms to report:
Please do not use these forms if it is an emergency service/repair.
Emergency service - outside office hours
Ring (01926) 412828 The emergency service is provided out of normal office hours including evenings; weekends and Bank Holidays. This number must only be used for emergencies.
When you report a repair
Please be ready to give the following information:
- Your name, address and telephone number
- If you have reported the repair before
- As much detail about the repair as possible
- When access is available (morning or afternoon)
What happens if I’m not in?
When you report the repair you will be given an appointment. If you are not in when the contractor calls to carry out the work and you do not contact the Contractor and make another appointment, the job will be cancelled and you will have to report the repair again.
Where the repairs to a property are needed as a result of damage or negligence by the tenant, or tenant's visitors, we will charge the tenant for the cost of the repairs.
Satisfied with the repair?
For every repair completed you will be given a Satisfaction Form by the contractor with a prepaid envelope to return it to us. Please tell us what you thought of the service you received. This will help us to identify those areas where we need to improve. You don’t need to put a stamp on it and all returned forms are entered in a quarterly prize draw. You could win £100!
Download the Repair Satisfaction Survey form (21kb, PDF) and send your comments to us at: Housing Department, PO Box 2175, Riverside House, Milverton Hill, Leamington Spa, CV32 5QE.
When can you expect a repair to be done?
The Council has set two priority ratings for carrying out repairs:
1. Emergencies to be completed within 4 hours of being reported (am or pm)
- Potential risk to health or safety e.g.: WC not flushing (where one WC only), leaking water tank
- Risk of major damage to structure or fabric of building, e.g.: failure of electrical supply, gas leak
2. Routine repairs. You will be offered a contractor appointment for repairs at a convenient time to suit you. In some cases it may be necessary for a Property maintenance Officer to visit your home first. An appointment would be offered for this also.
- All other non-urgent work, e.g.: fencing, plastering.
- Non-emergency but urgent repairs to heating, plumbing and security systems, which pose a risk to health or safety, e.g.: repair banister rail, door entry systems
Our repairs responsibilities
The Council has to keep its dwellings in a good state of repair and is responsible for repairing:
- The structure and exterior of your home
- External decorations
- The services (gas, electricity, water) and sanitation (toilets, baths, sinks)
- Installations for space and water heating
- Communal areas
Carrying out your own improvements
You have the right to carry out certain improvements to your home and you should use a reputable builder.
Permission from the Council is always necessary before you make improvements. To find out more, contact your Property Maintenance Officer. Remember that some changes may need Planning Permission /Building Regulations Approval and it is your responsibility to get this before the work starts. If you want to know if you need Planning Permission a form can be obtained from Planning: you should also contact Building Control on (01926) 412717
Right to Repair
If certain repairs are not carried out within a given time you may be entitled to have the work carried out by a second Contractor. If the work is not completed within the second time limit, compensation may be paid.
Full details of the scheme may be obtained from Jane Rostron on (01926) 456415.
Gas safety procedures
If you think you can smell gas:
- DON’T turn electric switches on or off
- DON’T smoke
- DON’T use naked flames
- DO turn off the gas supply at the meter
- DO open doors and windows to get rid of the gas
- Then call (01926) 412828 immediately
To arrange an annual gas safety check please contact 01926 412828, press option 1 for repairs and then option 1 for Heateam. They will then arrange to carry out the check at a time convenient for you.
For further information on refuse disposal, click on the following links:
Download Adobe Reader
The viewer that is needed to display the pdf document(s) is free and may be downloaded from the Adobe Website.